Crew bunker (Regelbau 501)
Crew bunker of the Regelbau 501 type, constructed in the autumn of 1942. It was designed to house some of the soldiers assigned to duties of protecting the battery against attack by enemy infantry.
The machine gun position to the right was added in the summer of 1943.
The bunker contained bunk beds for 10 men, and was equipped with a periscope, a heating stove and a hand-operated ventilation apparatus.
2. Air lock for protection against gas
3. Crew space
4. Emergency exit, filled with gravel/sand
5. Machine gun and observation post