German sport and leisure hall with four corner towers.
The hall was built for the German navy in the spring of 1942 in order to make it possible for all the soldiers of the fortress to gather in one place.
The large room could hold 1200 spectators when it was used as cinema or theatre. There was also a pub with adjacent bowling lane. On the first floor was confectionery and living room for officers.
The north-eastern corner tower of the hall originally had a flat roof, and on it was placed a light anti-aircraft gun.
A part of the building was during the years 1964-1988 used as the town hall of Hanstholm, and it is still in use as a sport hall. The western hall was built in the 1970’s.