The big brick building was the hospital of the 38 cm battery. It housed operation theatre, sick bays and a dental station. The concrete ceiling over the cellar of the building is 50 cm thick, so the cellar could be used as an air raid shelter.
The hospital was built in 1941.
Since 1956 the building is being used by the Danish Home Guard.