On the flat area east of Hotel Hanstholm lay the Headquarters of the Naval Artillery Battalion No. 118, which had the command of the coastal artillery between Agger and Bulbjerg.
The headquarter consisted of a three-winged complex of wooden huts, and was established in the spring of 1941. The wooden huts are now demolished – the last one in the autumn of 2001.
To the north of the wooden huts, a command bunker in three levels was built in 1942. The bunker is used by the Naval Home Guard and therefore not accessible.